Monday, September 15, 2014

Hydroponic Gardening




http://www.container-gardening-for-you.com/image-files/hydroponic-system-1.jpg

          Part of my going green plan is to begin to grow as much food for our home as possible. This includes growing year round. The easiest and best way to start learning to do this is through hydroponic gardens.

Hydroponics is a subset of hydroculture and is a method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions, in water, without soil. Terrestrial plants may be grown with their roots in the mineral nutrient solution only or in an inert medium, such as perlite, gravel. (Wikipedia)

I figure to help myself with my learning curve and to help those that are interested in do this, I will journal my work on building, growing, and harvesting good. The following video was the inspiration for the systems I will start with. After much research I had decided with simple hydroponic grow boxes before jumping into creating areoponics and aquaponics. Our systems will be for herbs and salad greens. Then I will build some single plant buckets for things like tomatoes, squash, and even zucchini.


 



Works Cited
Wikipedia. "Hydropoincs." 2014. Wikipedia. HTML - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroponics. 15 9 2014.

No comments: