Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Being a gracious winner and loser... it does matter


          It is one thing to be happy and even proud that your political choice won the election. But please let us be adults and have pride in our actions, words, and deeds about it. Rubbing it in the faces of those that lost is not a very mature way of handing a win. It makes you seem extremely childish about something that means a great deal to a lot of people. Think back on the times when you lost at something... and how horrible you already felt because of that... then compound that feeling by those that won rubbing it in your face and acting like total children about it. Why on earth would you want to make someone else feel that way?

          I was very glad that the current President was re-elected... I was glad that there is someone in office that will at the very least not pass laws to take away my rights simply because of the way I was born, even if that is in conflict with his personal religious beliefs. However I am not going to do a happy dance in front of those that lost... I am not going to make jokes and be rude about the one who lost and his supports... yes I think anyone that supported a man who wanted to deny rights a several groups of people are insane... but I am going to be an adult about it.

          Everyone has the right to support whoever they wish... and we have the right to not agree with them but do we really have to lower ourselves to childish finger pointing, name calling, and rudeness?

No comments: