Friday, November 23, 2012

Axioms: III. Law of Synchronicity


“The Magician’s Companion: A Practical & Encyclopedic Guide to Magical & Religious
Symbolism”
Bill Whitcomb, 1997
Llyewellyn Publications

III. Law of Synchronicity



Synchronicity is a term invented by Dr. Carl Jung to describe meaningful coincidences that cannot be described by the law of cause and effect. They are events connected by pattern (meaning) rather than time. (See IX. Law of Association.) Some interpret this as a developing and ongoing dialogue between the perceiver and the consciousness of the universe. This dialogue is overt to the degree the perceiver is receptive to (or aware of) it.

          One of the most common examples of this in my life is when I think of a friend or be talking about a friend, I have not heard from in a while. Then suddenly will get a call or a text from them. They are like small messages from the Universe. Another one was the day of my graduation. I am in an area where jobs for IT professionals are very few. I worried all day about what I was going to do. When I got home after graduation I checked my email and found near 40 listings of IT jobs in my area. That brought me such a relief. Within 48 hours of that I already had a great job that I started a week later.

No comments: