Thursday, August 16, 2012

Kindred Affirmation and Prayer

I wrote this sometime back. I had been working on my Clergy Training Program material, specifically the section on Liturgy Practicum. One of the essays gets into the mechanics of  writing prayers. It got me to wanting an affirmation and prayer I could use easily that would be both simple and powerful. The following is what I came up with. Let me know what you think.


Kindred Affirmation

Μέσω των προγόνων κερδίζουμε το θάρρος.
Me-saw    tawn  pro-gon-awn  ker-de-zoome tah   thah-rros.
Through ancestors we gain courage.

Μέσω των πνευμάτων φύσης βρίσκουμε την ειρήνη.
Me-saw  tawn    pnel-mahtawn   fus-ais bris-koome      tain   hee-rain-ai.
Through nature spirits we find peace.

Μέσω των Θεών μαθαίνουμε τη φρόνηση.
Me-saw    tawn   the-awn  mah-thigh-noome  tai   fronai-sai.
Through gods we learn wisdom.

Μέσω του σογιού είμαστε ολόκληροι.
Me-saw    too  so-gi-oo  hee-maste   holo-kler-oy.
Through the kindred we are whole.


design created by Ian Corrigan

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Very well written...